Background—The Oxford, Ohio, Site was remediated under the Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP). FUSRAP was established in 1974 to remediate sites where radioactive contamination remained from Manhattan Project and early U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) operations.
History—Uranium metal machining at the Oxford Site from 1952 to 1957 for AEC resulted in contamination of the site and several nearby (vicinity) properties, all of which are privately owned.
AEC removed some contamination at the site in 1957. DOE conducted additional remediation of the site and the vicinity properties under FUSRAP in 1994 and 1995. DOE certified that the site conformed to applicable cleanup criteria in 1996 and released all properties for unrestricted use.
Final Conditions—No supplemental limits or institutional controls are in effect at the privately owned site, and DOE does not require on-site monitoring or surveillance. Office of Legacy Management activities consist of managing site records and responding to stakeholder inquiries. For more information about the Oxford Site, view the